Join Us & Learn About Beekeeping
Please select one of buttons below for the type of membership you require:
Postal Membership Form
Joining our association can benefit anyone in the district who is interested in learning about honeybees and beekeeping, regardless of whether or not they have a colony of bees.
Types of Membership
- Full Member: This is an active beekeeper or someone about to keep bees wishing to take part in Association activities. Family members in the household are automatically entitled to join the member in association activities.
- Friend/Associate Member: For those who wish to belong to the Association, but do not require Bee Disease Insurance or BBKA Public and Product liability insurance. This is people without bees and members of other district associations who wish to take part in the Association’s activities.
- Junior Member: Young persons up to the age of 18 years, receiving the same benefits as full members.
- Networking opportunities throughout the year:
- bi-monthly informal spring/summer meetings, end of April to end of September
- monthly winter/spring meetings October to beginning of April, which include educational events and guest speakers, and
- weekly apiary inspections, April through to September.
- Access to the association’s resources
- Discounted prices for honey jars and syrup feed (when we make annual bulk purchases)
Check our News & Events for meeting and Open apiary session dates.
Additional Full Member Benefits
- Membership of the British Beekeepers Association (BBKA), our national association
- Full colour, monthly BBKA newsletter
- Access to BBKA resources
- Access to the BBKA Examination Scheme
- Public & Products liability Insurance up to £5 million
- Brood Disease Insurance from BDI (an extra fee is due if more than three colonies).
Full Membership Costs
- 1 to 3 Hives – £35.00 (the standard fee)
- 4 to 5 Hives – £36.20
- 6 to 10 Hives – £39.70
Other Membership Costs
Junior Member: £20.00
Friend/Associate Member: £14.00
- if you are interested as a school please contact the BBKA directly. The BBKA have a Bees in the Curriculum programme.
- the BBKA have a Guidance for Schools page which can be accessed via this link: Guidance for Schools Membership.