Garth led this inspection with John and Jill assisting and Tony onlooking. The summary sheet is HERE
The main event was the replacement of the queen in Hive 9 with the one from Hive 5a. H9 had been very grumpy recently.
- H5a queen caged into hair roller.
- H9 (6 supers) unstacked and brood chamber moved to opposite side of apiary
- H9’s supers assembled on spare floor in existing location
- (Workers exit H9 brood chamber and return to the supers) Left like this for 30-60 minutes.
- H9 brood chamber opened and H9 queen caged in hair roller.
- H5a’s queen placed in Quintrex cage over brood /space on an H9 brood frame
- This frame returned to H9 and H9 reassembled.
- H5a now queenless. H9 has a new queen
- H9s old queen wiped out on low tree branch.